At Minds Matter, we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who uses our services including as well as employees, volunteers and anyone who supports us through fundraising activities. We will treat your data in accordance with the requirements of the Isle of Man Data Protection Act 2018, also known as the “Applied GDPR”. Minds Matter is a registered trading name of MCH Psychological Services which is an Isle of Man registered charity with number 1024 with registered address at Mill Court, Hope Street, Castletown, Isle of Man, IM9 1AN.
HOW DO WE OBTAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect information in the following ways:
- You may give us your information when you are accessing one of our services, in order to sign up for one of our events, when you contact us to ask about our activities, to tell us your story, order products and services from us, seek assistance or make a donation to us, fundraise on our behalf, or otherwise give us personal information.
- When you give permission to other parties to share it with us.
- Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook, WhatsApp or Twitter, you might give us permission to access information from those accounts.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you. For example, it can include information such as your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number and credit/debit card details.
It may be necessary, where there is a clear need to do so, to collect sensitive personal information from you and we will discuss this with you when the situation arises.
You may appear in still images or video footage using Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) that is used at our premises for the safety and security of individuals and property.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
How we use your information would largely depend on why you are providing it.
Where we feel it is necessary to share information to keep a person or people safe, we will do so.
We may use your information in the ways set out below.
- We use your personal information to give you the information, support, services, or products you ask for.
- We use your information to gain a full understanding of your situation so we can develop and offer you the best possible personalised services.
- We use your information to keep a record of your relationship with us and for internal administrative purposes (such as our accounting and records), and to let you know about changes to our services or policies.
- We use your personal information to look into, and respond to, complaints, legal claims or other issues.
- We use personal data to carry out statistical analysis and research to help us to understand how we are performing and how we can improve our services and meet the needs of people that require our help.
We may also use your personal information for other purposes such as signposting to another organisation who is better-placed to help you, which we will specifically notify you about and, where appropriate, obtain your consent.
KEEPING YOUR DATA SECURE
We have robust procedures in place to safeguard and secure the Personal Data we collect.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites, and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
With your consent, we may use your information to send you communications about our work and how you can help us to help you, for example, information about our campaigns, volunteering and fundraising activities and how you can donate to us.
Our forms have clear marketing communications preference questions, and we include information on how you can say no to such marketing. You can opt out of our marketing communications at any time by clicking the Unsubscribe link in our marketing emails or by emailing us at email@example.com.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact our Data Protection Officer at either of our premises:
Mill Court, Hope Street, Castletown, Isle of Man, IM9 1AN or Elite House, Cooil Road, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM2 2SR
We also recognise your right to obtain all information pertaining to you as an individual and will respect your right to ‘Erasure’